Friday, July 1, 2011

S.O.S. Help! I need soup!

So I’ve always been in the camp that cold soup is kind of weird. However, after I made the gazpacho, I did a complete 180. I LOVE COLD SOUP. It’s very refreshing and perfect for a hot day. My love of cold soup has brought me to the conclusion that Souperstars needs a new section. SOS, meaning Soups of Summer, but also cause I know you are all in some desperate need for soup. So stop crying I hear you! I give you soup, and it’s CHILLY.

Mango-Ginger-Curry Soup With Shrimp
Serves 4

Ingredients
2 ripe mangoes (about 1 lb each), peeled and cubed
1/2 habanera pepper, finely minced
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1 large clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
1 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can (13.5 oz) light coconut milk
1/2 cup water
3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or more to taste)
1 cup raw shrimp, de-shelled
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
 














Directions
Using an immersion blender pulse mangoes, habanera pepper, shallots, garlic, ginger, curry powder and salt in a large bowl.


Add coconut milk; pulse until well combined.



Stir in water and lime juice. (Thin with tap water if desired.) Cover and chill until cold, 1 hour. Place thawed shrimp on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bake at 375 for 10 min. 



Divide soup among 4 bowls; garnish with shrimp and cilantro before serving.














1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...